Saturday, June 15, 2013

Introduction to the Life of a Free Spiiirit

Triiinity Tafari.

I could say I didn't choose this name, it chose me...but it was a healthy combination of the two. A year ago, my life changed. I was introduced to a YouTube video series last summer called "The Spirit Science." Immediately my whole perspective on life, my place in the world, and quite frankly GOD completely changed. After such life changing events, my birth name, Philichelll Ju'Lisa Pewitt-Hemphill, just didn't seem to fit anymore. I had to become the person I was destined to be and throughout this journey I decided to give that person a name. With all of the knowledge I was accruing I decided my best bet was to tell everyone I know about this life changing shit. After a couple of weeks of daily questioning and deep conversation my friend/coworker started calling me Triiinity in relation to the character in the movie The Matrix. Seeing as to how I LOVE that movie and its significance in the world we live in now I decided that this "nickname" was finally one I would keep. One day at work I was doing research on Rastafari's and I found out that Tafari means "he who inspires awe". I loved that so much that I got to thinking...that would be a bitchin' name combo. Thus, Triiinity Tafari was born. My best friend, Amiiiri Tafari (with her awesome self) has been telling me that I need to start a blog and with her coaxing and a dash of her help I have produced Triiinity Tafari : The life and times of a Free Spiiirit. I enjoy taking pictures of everything I love and I decided to create this beauty as a showcase of my life.

from the concrete who knew that a flower would grow...



✡ॐNamasteॐ✡
Triiinity Tafari

1 comment: